Saturday, June 28, 2008

"I am absolutely sure that Gtk is the worse GUI toolkit I have ever seen. Yes, even worse then direct Windows API, because at least the Windows API works!"

So one more thing to hate gnome bloatware

read this blog

"The final feature, which would make Lazarus finally ready for 1.0 (just my opinion! I know others disagree) is unfortunately not in this list. It would be the retirement of the Gtk 1 widgetset, and the move to a fully unicode and modern Linux Toolkit. I have worked a lot in the Gtk 2 widgetset, trying to get it to a development level where it could substitute Gtk 1, but I got really frustrated, partly because of the low quality of the mixed gtk1/gtk2 interface code, but also because Gtk just doesn't help. Having worked with the Windows API, Qt, fpGUI, Cocoa and Gtk, I am absolutely sure that Gtk is the worse GUI toolkit I have ever seen. Yes, even worse then direct Windows API, because at least the Windows API works!"

No comments: