I had an issue with patch created on linux didn't apply very well on osx (hunk issue)
I have prepared the gerrit for firebird 2.5.4 upgrade here https://gerrit.libreoffice.
I solved the following rejects yesterday , i did my builds on all windows/osx/linux machines
2 out of 10 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file configure.in.rej
1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/jrd/gds.cpp.rej
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/jrd/os/win32/mod_loader.
It was easier if patches where done for each file separated or as pull requests on github for easy cherry picking :)
Firebirdsql accepts now pull requests on github
Also i up-streamed some of the patches
ps: i started importing the libo in kdevelop for easy debugging and it will take a while to import